Happy M Ranch

How do you typically hunt?
At the Happy M Ranch, we hunt from blinds, pop-ups, or jeeps. You may use a rifle, or bow hunting is available.

Does the Happy M have rifles available for me to use?
We definitely prefer you use a rifle you are accustomed to shooting but will rent you a rifle if necessary.

Will I have a guide?
Yes! There will be a guide for every hunt for our guests at the Happy M. Since we chose to limit our guests to 2 or less at a time, you receive our individual attention when you hunt with us.

Do I tip the guide? If so, how much?
Tips to the guide are not required but very much appreciated. Ten percent of the hunt price is customary.

How long are the hunts?
Our hunts last from Friday afternoon until Sunday at lunch.

Where will I be staying?
The Happy M has a ranch style lodge with bedrooms for our hunters to stay, relax, and feel at home. We provide linens, towels, and a comfortable private room.

Will food be provided?
Absolutely. We provide three delicious home-cooked meals as well as snacks and beverages throughout the day. You will definitely not go home hungry!

Do I need a license?
Yes. A Texas hunting license (resident or non-resident depending upon your current legal residence). You will also need to bring your Hunter's Education Card, if required by TPWD.

How do I get there?
The ranch is located northwest of Victoria, Texas. When you book your hunt with us, we will provide you with detailed directions to the ranch or we can pick you up at the Victoria Regional Airport.

How much will this hunt cost?
Please see our Hunting Packages page for more information on pricing.

What should I bring?
Please refer to our Packing Checklist for a helpful list of what to pack. Also please send us a signed copy of our Hold Harmless Agreement before your arrival.

Is this a Managed Lands Deer permit ranch?
Yes. We pride ourselves on the quality of deer we produce based on careful whitetail management and we have obtained an MLD III permit.